Use your air fryer to make this healthier take on fried chicken gizzards, seasoned with black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- 1 pound chicken gizzards
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons seasoned salt (such as LAWRY'S®)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- cooking spray
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut gizzards into bite-sized pieces and add to the boiling water. Boil for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Combine flour, seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne in a flat plastic container. Snap the lid on and shake until combined.
- Add gizzards to the seasoned flour. Snap the lid back on and shake until evenly coated.
- Place beaten egg in a separate bowl. Dip each gizzard piece into the beaten egg and then place back in the seasoned flour. Snap the lid on and shake one last time. Let sit for 5 minutes while the air fryer preheats.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place gizzards in the basket and spray the tops with cooking spray. Cook for 4 minutes. Shake the basket and spray any chalky spots with more cooking spray. Cook for 4 minutes more.