Using your air fryer and cooking spray will ensure these chicken strips come out perfectly crispy.
- 1 ½ pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning (such as Goya®), or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning mix (such as Goya® Sazonador Total)
- cooking spray
- Remove membrane from each chicken tenderloin. Soak chicken tenderloins in buttermilk for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine panko, flour, adobo seasoning, and Mexican seasoning in a bowl. Mix well. Drain off the buttermilk and press tenderloins into the panko mixture.
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place tenderloins into the air fryer basket and spray with cooking spray. Air fry for 8 minutes. Flip each tenderloin and spray again. Air fry for 8 minutes. Shake basket and spray tenderloins once more. Air fry for 4 more minutes.