This wonderful amaretti crunch dessert combines raspberry sauce, mascarpone cream, and amaretti cookies. Serving it in a shooter glass makes for a restaurant-like presentation
- ½ pound raspberries
- 3 tablespoons white sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup crushed amaretti
- 4 whole amaretti cookies
- Reserve 6 raspberries for garnish. Place remaining raspberries in a saucepan and add 2 tablespoons sugar, water, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until raspberries break down, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain through a fine mesh sieve set over a bowl to remove seeds and reserve raspberry sauce.
- Combine amaretto liqueur, heavy cream, and remaining sugar in a mixing bowl. Whip until soft peaks form. Add mascarpone cheese and blend thoroughly.
- Place 1 or 2 tablespoons crushed amaretti in the bottom of a serving glass. Add whipped mascarpone mixture and a layer of raspberry sauce. Repeat layers and top with 1 reserved raspberry and 1 whole amaretti cookie. Repeat with remaining ingredients.