Cranberries and apples balance out a savory acorn squash stuffing of kielbasa sausage, egg, and potato.
- 3 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 link kielbasa sausage, cubed
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup shredded sharp provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place squash skin-sides down in a baking dish. Stab the outsides several times with a fork. Flip over and split butter evenly over the insides, coating the "bowls" with butter. Set aside.
- Combine apple, potato, and kielbasa with onion and cranberries in a bowl. Pour in eggs and stir to combine. Heat a buttered frying pan over medium heat and pour in the egg mixture. Cook and stir until eggs are set, about 5 minutes. Scoop mixture into the squash bowls. Top with provolone cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove foil for the last 15 minutes for a crispy top.