This sausage gravy breakfast pizza makes a filling yet easy brunch, with rich homemade sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, and 2 kinds of cheese.
- cooking spray
- 1 (12 ounce) package ground breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can refrigerated biscuit dough (such as Pillsbury Grands!®)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove sausage, reserving some of the grease. Add flour to the skillet and mix well. Stir in milk; season gravy with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Separate biscuits and arrange side-by-side onto the prepared sheet. Press down biscuits to seal them together into a crust that covers the whole sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is very lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove crust from oven and keep oven on. Press crust to flatten.
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until the foam disappears, about 2 minutes. Pour in eggs; cook and stir with a spatula until eggs are set but still moist, 3 to 4 minutes. Arrange eggs on the crust. Top with the sausage and gravy. Spread Cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese over the pizza. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake on the top rack of the hot oven until cheeses are bubbling and top begins to brown, about 10 minutes.